Home » Employment Opportunities
Director of Engineering
Revell, Inc., designer and manufacturer of scale and toy plastic models, is seeking experienced professionals in the Chicago area for the position of Director of Engineering located in Elk Grove Village, IL. In coordination with most major entertainment, video game and automotive licensors we design and develop plastic models and toys for all ages. Our products are known for detail, authenticity and fun.
As Director of Engineering you will be responsible for all aspects of plastic model and toy product engineering design, tooling and oversight of 3rd party manufacturing. You will develop and implement organization policies, procedures and objectives to ensure all projects conform to product requirements.
The ideal candidate will have expertise in 3D CAD design, tooling, plastic injection molding, and product development project management.
Director of Engineering Responsibilities:
- Establish internal, external and international design team direction.
- Manage product design, engineering process and product development schedules.
- Work with marketing to understand consumer product needs.
- Lead overseas tooling design and construction vendors.
- Lead product manufacturing startup and approval at overseas manufacturing partners.
- Ensure projects are completed within approved costs and delivery schedules.
- Drive cost reduction efforts on existing product lines to improve profitability.
- Ensure design processes, tools, resources and methods evolve with technology.
- Design product for manufacturing cost efficiency.
- Identify new materials, product performance and attributes.
- Ensure quality and safety standards across our engineering and manufacturing partners.
- Design to compliance with consumer product testing, regulatory and licensing requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Bachelor's of Science Mechanical Engineering and at least 10 years' experience in plastic tooling design, material selection and management of engineering or product design.
- Experience in development of consumer products, toys or plastic models preferred.
- Experience in designing for manufacturing.
- History of developing new products that generate profitable sales.
- Knowledge of Microsoft project and project management tools.
- Proficient knowledge of 3D design technology, surface modeling, 3D scanning and rapid prototyping techniques. Including software, hardware and materials.
- Experience in vendor negotiations.
- Strategic, creative thinker who can balance short term operating needs with long term strategic initiatives.
- Proven ability to effectively create and manage budgets, develop forecasts and reconcile department needs against changing company priorities and performance.
- Leadership skills and team motivation.
- Management of workforce time and priority scheduling.
- Experience with China based tooling and manufacturing suppliers.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume and salary history by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. All submissions will be considered confidential.
To review positions available at our parent company, please visit the Hobbico Employment Opportunities Page.